Our whole USDA tenderloin is trimmed and tied so it is BBQ ready then. We massage the whole piece in a unique dry rub made from coffee, chili, brown sugar and other secret ingredients. When cooked on the grill the dry rub offers up a crunchy texture with a bitter sweet spiciness that compliments the rich buttery beef perfectly.
How To Cook
Serves 6-8 people.
1. Remove the tenderloin from the refrigerator at least 1 hour before planning to start cooking. This allows it to come up to room temperature which gives better cooking conditions when we start to grill the beef.
2. The beef is already seasoned with the Dry Rub so no need for salt & pepper.
3. Preheat your BBQ so that it is on almost full heat but leave one burner on very low. Place the tenderloin on the hottest part of the grill and allow to sear for 2 minutes without moving. Turn the meat 90 degrees and sear for a further 2 minutes, repeat until all sides are seared (8-10 mins on the hottest part of the grill) like cooking a sausage.
4. Move the tenderloin to a cooler part of the grill and away from direct heat. Pull the lid down and allow to roast for 15 – 20 minutes.
5. Test the internal temperature; it is better and more accurate to use a meat thermometer, you should remove the tenderloin from the grill once the beef has reached a core temperature of 45 celsius. If you do not have a meat thermometer then you can use a metal skewer placed into the centre of the beef for 2 seconds and then onto your bottom lip. It should register ‘warm’ not ‘hot’. Remove from the grill and allow to rest somewhere warm for approximately 15 minutes.
6. Slice into thick half inch medallions (2 per person) and serve with a crisp green salad or onto ciabatta with rocket and mustard mayo for an amazing steak sandwich.